Happy Friday, WRC! We have a few updates for you – and hope to see you soon!
WRC Racing Teams
Our Cherry Blossom teams are set, but there’s always another team event on the horizon. Julia Taylor sent out a messageon Wednesday about upcoming team competitions, which include the following races:
- Boston Marathon (April 18 — deadline to register March 27)
- George Washington Park 10 miler (April 24 — deadline to register April 17)
- Capitol Hill Classic 10k (May 17 — deadline to register May 8)
- Lawyers Have Heart 10k (June 11 — deadline to register June 5)
- Ragnar Washington DC (September 16-17 — deadline to register ASAP)
If you’re interested in joining a team, send an email to Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thirsty Third Thursday Happy Hour – March 17
Our next Thirsty Third Thursday Happy Hour will be on Thursday, March 17. Yes, it’s St. Patrick’s Day and no, we won’t be going to an Irish bar. We’ll meet at 6:00 p.m. at Iron Horse Tap Room in Chinatown. Green apparel optional. See you then!
Next Sunday Distance Run – March 13 (Daylight Savings edition)
Yes, it’s true, our next SDR occurs on daylight savings, which means we’ll get one less hour of sleep leading up to our long runs. We’ll still meet at 8:00 a.m. in front of CB2 (3307 M Street NW) with 7:00/7:30, 8:00/8:30, and 10:00/10:30 pace groups. Each group will run between 8 and 20 miles, route TBD. The good news is we’ll meet for coffee at Dean & Deluca, and you won’t even know you lost an hour of sleep 🙂
As a reminder, all registered members of WRC will receive a hat. Be sure to come to a run to claim yours!