The Washington Running Club (WRC), and its forerunner, the Washington Sports Club (WSC), have been known for years among runners as an elite distance running club in the Washington, DC area. Throughout the 1960s, 70s, and early 80s, WRC’s elite racing team competed in national and world class racing events. Current and former members include distance running icons like Darrell General, Jim Hage, Jay Jacob Wind, Gerry Ives, Naoko Ishibe, Casey Smith, Michael Wardian, and Dane Rauschenberg.
WRC is a domestic nonprofit corporation registered in the District of Columbia. The club is governed by a board of directors elected each year by the general membership. All WRC members in good standing are invited to attend the board meetings.
The following documents explain the organization and operation of the WRC:
- Articles of Incorporation
- IRS Form 990-N (e-Postcard) filings via Exempt Organizations (EO) Select Check
- IRS letter affirming tax-exempt status (pending)
- GuideStar nonprofit report (pending)
- Summary of biennial reports via DCRA‘s CorpOnline
- Municipal certification of good standing (pending)
- Municipal sales tax exemption (pending)
- WRC is registered as USATF – Potomac Valley club member # 10-0102.
Come join us today!