WRC Club News
2006 Year-End Party News
(party was held February 10, 2007)
HEADLINES! Adina Wadsworth and Erica Morton elected President & Vice President, respectively!
Numerous members recognized with Dane, Max, Lindsay, Elizabeth, and Jean-Christophe awarded WRC Runners of the Year!
Kudos to outgoing president Steve Baker, who took home the Alfred tomFelde trophy for his outstanding club leadership during his two-year tenure.
Items from the Par-tay…
The WRC 2006 year-end party was held Saturday, February 10, 2007 at the Boulevard Woodgrill in Arlington. The club had the party room downstairs all to itself. Members grazed at an abundant food buffet and drinks from a cash bar were available for the imbibers. More than 65 members were in attendance. A big thanks go to all who attended and a special thanks out to Tris Kruger, who bought a round of drinks for all!
A photo slideshow of member performances and activities, member recognition awards, and a free prize drawing were highlights of the party. President Steve Baker and Vice-President Adina Wadsworth were the emcees over the festivities. At the end of the formal part of the presentation, the election for a new president and vice president was held.
Club Election Results
Adina Wadsworth and Erica Morton elected President and Vice President! We look forward to their leadership! Rounding out the WRC leadership team is Bart Forsyth as Secretary and James Scarborough as Treasurer.
Award Ceremony Results
Gift certificates to Pacers Running Store were given to our major award winners, which were:
Male Runners of the Year
– Dane Raushenberg (52 marathons in 52 weeks, avg time: 3:21, best time: 2:59)
– Max Lockwood (Boston 2:33 pr, 4 ten milers in 56 min range, other quality races)
Female Runners of the Year
– Lindsay Goulet (Chicago 2:55, joined WRC best marathon list)
– Elizabeth Jones (prolific racer, quality times, marathon, number of wins)
Master Runner of the Year
– Jean-Christophe Arcaz (1st master Veterans 10k 35:40, many excellent times, 58:48 10-miler)
Alfred tomFelde Trophy
– Stephen Baker (our outgoing president) Thanks for your leadership and all your work Steve!
The club also recognized a number of members for their excellent performances for 2006 with token appreciation items (running-related knick knacks from Ragged Mountain Running Shop and WRC hats and tshirts).
– Marie Sandrock (Philadelphia 3:09, Philadelphia Half 1:27)
– Jessica Marquis (Boston 3:23 PR)
– Lucy Nottingham (Chicago 3:27 PR)
– Michael Wardian (Steamtown 2:22, Cherry Blossom 53:27, other excellent races/thons)
– Dave O’Hara (Cherry Blossom 55:17, some excellent 5ks)
– Kevin Grasmick (Chicago 2:40 PR)
– Henry Grossmann (Richmond 2:54 PR)
– Frank Sprtel (Cherry Blossom 54:44, GW Pkwy 54:09)
– Bryon Powell (Potomac 2:47 PR, two 100 milers)
– Will Schaffer (Captial 20m 2:08 1st, 5k win in Boston 16:28, MCM 3:00)
Special Recognition Honorable Mentions
– Casey Smith (36:19 Sallie Mae 10k)
– Juli Wohlrab (3:57 Chicago PR)
– Laura Chipken (11:51 Chesapeake Ironman Tri)
– Challice Bonifant (2 good marathons)
– Adina Wadsworth (20:54 5k PR, Turkey 5m 34:33)
– Erica Morton (two good marathons)
– Lance Crist (3:06 Chicago)
– Tom O’Reilly (3:05 Chicago PR)
– Dan Simonds (3:01 Chicago PR)
– Mike Mills (prolific racer, Backyard Burn series 3d place)
– Will Ellison (3:16 Chicago PR)
– Kyle Yost (10:15 Lake Placid Ironman, 2 other good tri’s)
– Bart Forsyth (59:52 Cherry Blossom, VA Spring Tri 2nd place)
– Mike Proulx (11:49 Vineman Ironman)
All these names have been added to the WRC History and Member Recognition Page for all of eternity!
Congratulations to all these members for their excellent performances! We know many other members had some great efforts last year also…congratulations to all of you who reached your goals and/or had performances that made you proud!
Some Party Pics…
|New WRC President Adina and Mike|
|Lucy & Lauren smile for the camera…|
|Marie & Mark|
|Runner of the Year Dane with Mike (Will & Kevin in background)|
|New WRC Vice President Erica and Kevin (treasurer James in red shirt)|
|Sitting down to chow and chat…|
|Caroline sits in pink, Laura chats, Charles jesticulates…|
|Juli & Will strike a pose…|
|Maria, Will, and Lance|
|Tris, Diana, and Secretary Bart|
|Runners of the year Elizabeth & Max share a laugh|
|Stephanie & Katie enjoy some vino|
|Bob of RacePacket fame|
|Mar, Bruce, and Sue|
Thanks to Juli, Steve, and Jim for the photos!
See you all next year! Good luck running and racing in 2007!
© Copyrighted 2007: All Rights Reserved by WRC.
WRC © LogoDesign by Danny C. Royer