We need you and your nominations for club officers and club awards!
What: Washington Running Club Annual Party/Meeting
When: Saturday, January 26, 2013 from 7 to 11 p.m.
Where: James Hoban’s Irish Restaurant and Bar (1 Dupont Circle NW, D.C., 20036); (202) 223-8440; www.jameshobansdc.com. James Hoban’s is easily accessible via Metro’s Red Line Dupont Circle Station.
Dress Code: Casual
- Have a great time seeing all your WRC running buds while enjoying drinks and scrumptious heavy hors d’oeuvres, all in a great historic pub in DuPont Circle
- Presentation of awards to best WRC runner, Most Improved, Distinguished Club Service, others…
- Elections for WRC President and Vice President for 2013
- Raffle of valuable running swag!
- $10 WRC members
- $20 non-members
- Special deal, party night only: $20 gives admission + WRC membership (renewal or first time membership)
How to RSVP + What You Get:
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first 40 RSVPs receive TWO (beer/wine) free drink tickets per guest. Pay admission at the door.
- RSVP deadline: 11:59 p.m. Friday, January 25, 2013
- You can attend without an RSVP; admission fee is still required.
- Drink tickets not picked up by 9:30P night of party will be released to other guests.
- Hors d’oeuvres for all paying guests.
How to nominate awardees/club officers:
- Nomination deadline: 11:59PM Thursday, January 24, 2013
- Self-nominations for leadership positions are not only permitted, they are highly encouraged; this is no time to be modest. The club is only as strong as its members’ participation in its activities. If you are interested in a leadership position in the club (President or Vice President), please send an email to Kirk Masterson. Similarly, if you are interested in any of the non-elected, appointed positions (i.e., Treasurer, Secretaries, and Members at Large), please communicate this to the incumbents or announced candidates so that you may be considered. And finally, if you want to help the club out in an informal capacity or on a specific initiative, please send an email as well.
- For award nominations please send an email to WRC President, John Kendra. (We already have some nominees…)
SEE YOU THERE!