We’ll be back in front of CB2 on Sunday morning for another Sunday Social Run. Please join us at 8:00 am.
Please join us — even if you’re a first timer or haven’t dropped by in awhile — for our annual party on Saturday March 10 (one week from tomorrow night!). John Kendra has been hard at work foraging for free heavy appetizers, Carla is procuring lots of great swag, and the first 40 members who have paid their 2018 dues (or do so at the event) will get two drink tickets. First time members in 2018 also will receive a snazzy new WRC running hat.
Here, once again, are the details:
- What: Washington Running Club Annual Party / Meeting
- When: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 7 – 11 p.m.
- Where: James Hoban’s, Dupont Circle
- Have a great time seeing all your WRC running buds while enjoying drinks and heavy hors d’oeuvres, all in a great historic pub in Dupont Circle
- Return of the Alfred tomFelde Perpetual Trophy
- Election of new and continuing officers
- Ratification of amended WRC bylaws
- Raffle of valuable running swag
- Free to WRC members who have paid their 2018-19 annual dues
- $15 Non-members
- *Special Deal, Party Night Only*: $20 gives admission + WRC Membership (renewal or first time membership)
- Other Important Details:
- 2018-19 Membership to WRC (paid prior to or at the party) entitles you to TWO (beer/wine) drink tickets
- First time members for 2018 get a free running hat!
- The drink tickets are available to only the first 40 WRC 2018-19 members in attendance
- Pick up drink tickets by 9:30 the night of party or they are released to other guests!
Please join WRC for our Sunday social run, tomorrow morning, 8 am, CB2 in Georgetown.
Our annual meeting will be Saturday night, March 10, at James Hoban’s in DuPont Circle. More details to follow soon, but plan on joining us for a night of revelry. There will be a raffle and free food and drinks for those who join or renew their annual WRC membership at the door or via http://www.washrun.org/membership/application/
Also consider joining us for the Get Pumped for Pets 5K/10K/15K out in Chester, MD, on March 11. For more information, go to http://www.getpumpedforpets.org/
Join us at 8:00 am in front of the CB2 in Georgetown for a snazzy picture (unless Tris tries to take the picture again) and our Super Bowl Sunday Social Run.
This week will be the last Sunday Movie Club of the season, featuring “Phantom Thread.” We’ll be attending the 11:00 am viewing in a tiny theater at the Georgetown Loews. I’m in seat C7.
It’s going to feel around 30 degrees warmer than our last three Sunday runs, so there’s no excuse for you to skip this week’s social run. As always, we’ll meet in front of CB2 at 8:00 am.
This week’s Movie Club selection is the 11:10 am showing of “I, Tonya” at the AMC Georgetown Loews 14.
I hope you have had a chance to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather over the last few days, because our 8:00 am Sunday run will once again feature temperatures in the teens. Bundle up, and join us in front of the CB2. We will enjoy coffee and restrained, polite conversation at Peet’s after the run.
If you’re up for it, some of us crazy folks will meet on Sunday morning at 8:00 am in front of CB2 for our coldest Sunday Social Run in a few years. Bundle up, and plan to meet us after the run at Peet’s for a cup of coffee.
This week’s Sunday Movie Club Selection is “Darkest Hour” at Georgetown AMC/Loews at 10:00 am. I’ve reserved seat D8 for myself.